Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Words of Wisdom

I am trying to recall how I felt the week before the Venice Marathon. I am sure that I could just scroll down and see the blog post from that week or the several, but that would be cheating. I would say that I was probably getting cold feet and saying to myself over and over again, "What the hell in the name of g-d am I doing???" In retrospect, training for the marathon is the crazy part, once you are done with that, the marathon is a piece of cake, literally. You can eat whatever your heart desires once you are done with the 42.2 km, no matter where you run them, for how long and if you can move afterwards, you can eat anything.
As a one-time marathoner, for now, I don't know what real advice I can give, just hope that your training was sufficient, be confident that you will succeed and know that after this is 0ver, you do not have to run again for a long time, (a month is a good amount of rest time).
Today I saw a great quote by Jim Ryun "Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going." All you need to do come race day is put one foot in front of the other and then your body will take over.
We are indeed, creatures of habit.

Good luck to all the runners out there, be it of 3km or 300km.

'Till next time,

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment