Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bring. It. On.

As the weeks go on and I'm still not running, I am trying to find ways to challenge myself and still get that feeling of exhaustion that inevitably arrives with finishing a long, challenging run. I have to say that I love weight lifting, but I was getting a bit bored of it. I mentioned before that I have taken up yoga, which I still love. But today I needed something new. I wasn't going to make it to Inbal's Ashtanga Yoga class, which is great, and I have decided that I want to get recertified in lifeguarding, which means that I have to start swimming again. The weather out today was just perfect for an outdoor swim, but alas, its still winter here and the pool is still covered at the hotel, so I was a big sport and went swimming. I haven't swam since they put the cover over the pool and that was in October. I don't think that you can call my swim today perfect, maybe just impressive for being able to swim the 40 laps without dying of boredom or killing the old ladies that don't know how to swim in straight lines (I hate that!), but I did it and it felt great. I hope that it will become a regular ritual so that I can really work on my technique and be able to pass the refreshers course, here in Israel.
In other news, I signed on my new apartment, forked over the 1st months rent, now it's time to find a roommate and buy some furniture. I can't wait to be able to decorate! My mom is coming tomorrow and that will make purchasing accessories all the easier.
Tomorrow morning calls for yoga. Let's hope that I wake up on time for work first...

'Till next time,

Peace.

Oh, and the answer to your question is, "No. I am not running in the Jerusalem Marathon."

No comments:

Post a Comment